Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the Church, and delivered Himself up for it: That He might sanctify it, cleansing it by the laver of water in the word of life: That He might present it to Himself a glorious Church not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy, and without blemish. So also ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife, loveth himself. For no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, as also Christ doth the Church; because we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they shall be two in one flesh. This is a great sacrament; but I speak in Christ and in the Church. EPHESIANS 5:21-33
- Call the Parish Office at least six months prior to possible date.
- You will have a face-to-face interview as a couple with your priest.
- The next step will be pre-marriage inventories. Pre-marriage inventories help couples assess the strengths and weaknesses of their relationship. The FOCCUS (Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding & Study) inventory is used as a first step in the Catholic marriage preparation.
- FOCCUS is not a "test" to see whether you qualify to be married, but to provide valuable insights into areas you may want to discuss with one another.
- Complete a formal marriage preparation program.