EXTRAORDINARY MINISTERS OF HOLY COMMUNION
Calling for Committed Individuals to Serve:
As we partake in the Eucharistic celebration, we invite confirmed parishioners to consider becoming Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. This sacred ministry involves distributing the Body and Blood of Christ during Mass and, for some, bringing it to our homebound brothers and sisters.
- Confirmation: Open to those who have been confirmed.
- Commission: Ministers are commissioned by the bishop for a three-year term.
Contact for Inquiry and Training:
For those feeling called to this ministry, or if you want more information, please reach out to Mark & Renae Bernskoetter at 417-861-3520.
If you have a heart for serving our homebound parishioners by bringing them the Eucharist, please contact Sr. Bernadette at 417-576-1313.
How to Begin the Journey:
1. Practice Your Faith: Regularly participate in the sacraments, including the sacrament of reconciliation.
2. Research the Role: Gain a deep understanding of the significance and responsibilities of a Eucharistic Minister.
3. Training Session: Attend a training session, the schedule of which can be obtained by contacting the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton parish office.
4. Sign Up to Serve: Commit to serving at Masses throughout the year. Procedures will be covered during the training session.
5. Arrive Early: Prepare spiritually before each Mass you serve.
Embark on this meaningful journey to serve the Church and our community by becoming a Eucharistic Minister. Your commitment will contribute to the spiritual nourishment of our parish.