How is your family being Church?
The doors to the parish buildings may be closed, but the Church is alive and well in our diocese! We would like to invite you to share with us how your family is being the “Domestic Church.” Send us a short video clip (no more than 60 seconds) of your family praying together, reading Bible stories, your family attending Mass online, engaging in Holy Week or Easter season activities at home, or any acts of mercy or service you are doing from home to help others during this time. Be creative, prayerful, and have fun. Some video clips will be shared on our diocesan Facebook page and/or website. We will have the opportunity to meet families from all across the diocese, actively being the Church at home.
Instructions for making your video:
- Use a cellphone or tablet to record the video.
- Start by introducing your family, the name of your Parish and the city your parish is in.
- Then begin filming your time of prayer or other activity.
- Be sure to make your video in a well-lit area.
- Also, be certain to record the video in a quiet area without a lot of extra background noise and speak loud enough for others to hear.
- Keep it short. Please limit filming to no more than one minute. (Your family prayer time/activity may go longer, but please only submit an edited/shortened video to share.)
- Send the video clip to [email protected]
- Please be aware that by submitting a video, you are giving permission to use that video on the Facebook page operated by the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau and/or the diocesan web page.
Video clips will be accepted April 1-30. We look forward to sharing them with others across the diocese. If you have questions, please contact Lynn Melendez, [email protected] or 417-866-0841 ext. 1135.